Installing and setting up Trust Wallet
2. Install the app according to your specific device. After opening Trust Wallet, go ahead and click [Create a new wallet].
4. After clicking [Continue], you’ll be asked to repeat your phrase in the correct order. This step is to ensure that you have copied or written down your seed phrase. Once you’ve input the words in the right order, click [Continue].
5. You now should have successfully set up your crypto wallet, and you’ll find yourself on the [Wallet] tab.
Depositing BNB into Trust Wallet
3. Click the [Receive] button to find your deposit address. You can then copy and paste this address into your withdrawing wallet or scan the QR code.
Adding new tokens to your Trust Wallet list
After installing Trust Wallet, your default list of tokens and crypto is quite small. For example, let’s suppose you want to add CAKE to your list to make it visible in your Trust Wallet.
1. Open the [Wallet] tab and click the icon in the top right corner.
2. Search for the token you want to add to your list and click the toggle button, so it turns green. In this example, we’re adding CAKE (BEP-20), which is PancakeSwap’s token on Binance Smart Chain.
3. Done. You’ll now see CAKE on your [Wallet] tab and any balance that you might have.
Connecting Trust Wallet to PancakeSwap
There are a couple of ways you can connect your wallet to PancakeSwap and other DApps. You can either connect through the Trust Wallet mobile browser or on a desktop. Both offer the same functionality, so it comes down to your preference.
Connecting with the Trust Wallet browser
1. If you’re using the Trust Wallet DApp browser, head to the PancakeSwap website and tap the [Connect] button in the top right corner.
2. Select [Trust Wallet] to connect your wallet to PancakeSwap.
3. If you have connected successfully, you should see your wallet ID in the top right corner.
Connecting with a desktop browser
1. Head to the PancakeSwap desktop website and click [Connect] in the top right corner.
2. Click [WalletConnect] to start the connection process. Currently, the [Trust Wallet] button only works when using the Trust Wallet browser.
3. A QR code will appear, which is scannable with the Trust Wallet app. Head to the [Settings] of the app tab and click [WalletConnect]. Scan the QR code displayed on PancakeSwap and click [Connect] in Trust Wallet.
4. If you have successfully connected, PancakeSwap should show you the beginning of your wallet ID in the top right corner.
Trust Wallet is one of the most popular mobile apps to use and has a vast range in the blockchains and tokens it supports. It also acts as a gateway into NFTs and the whole DeFi ecosystem, so getting to know your way around it is important. The steps outlined above apply to other DApps as well, so once you’ve got this down, you’re really good to go.