As a Binance DEX user, you will hold full custody of your funds. No one, not even Binance will be able to help you recover your wallet if you lose your private key, mnemonic phrase or keystore file.
Upon creating a wallet, the following will be generated for you. Please store them securely.
Keystore (encrypted & password protected)
Once you have entered your password, click “Download Keystore File”.
In the next step, your mnemonic phrase will be generated. Make sure no one is able to see your screen during this phase.
The recommended methods of accessing your wallet are with a keystore file or a supported hardware device.
Storage tips for the mnemonic phrase and private key:
- Do not store on an electronic device (computer, phone, etc.).
- Do not print them out. Printers have a memory of what they print.
- Hand-write them on paper.
- Do not put your private key or mnemonic phrase in your wallet.
- Store them in a fireproof and waterproof safe/lockbox.