Illuvium is an upcoming blockchain game that takes place in an open-world, RPG setting. Players collect creatures called Illuvials, each with a class and affinity. There are five classes and five affinities that have their strengths and weaknesses. As you win battles against other players and complete quests, your Illuvials become more powerful.
Illuvium has two ERC-20 project altcoins on Ethereum: ILV (Illuvium) and sILV. Token holders can use ILV to liquidity mine, take part in governance, and earn rewards. There is a lock-up period for ILV rewards, but sILV can be used in-game immediately.
Illuvium also uses NFTs to represent each Illuvial and in-game item that can also be traded on external NFT marketplaces. To start earning ILV and sILV, you can purchase the token on Binance and begin staking on Illuvium's staking platform. You can also stake partner tokens in their Flash Pools for ILV.
Blockchain technology's implementation in gaming has exploded in recent years. However, we're yet to see a game that has the budget and polish of a blockbuster release. Illuvium promises to bring a higher-class blockchain game experience that explores the metaverse and play-to-earn models. But how exactly will they do this, and will it provide the deep gameplay it boasts when it launches?
How does Illuvium work?
How do you play Illuvium?
As of writing, Illuvium is still in development with a prospective release date of 2022. The game client will be available to download as a desktop application after creating an account. There will be both a free-to-play mode and premium subscriptions.
The core mechanic of the Illuvium project is collecting and customizing your NFT Illuvials. Each Illuvial in-game has an associated affinity and class. More powerful Illuvials can even combine classes and affinities. Using Illuvials of the same affinities and classes provides bonuses when played together in battles. This is known as creating synergies and provides a tactical choice in the Illuvials you use and collect. Users can also merge their Illuvials to create new ones with improved power once they reach a certain level.
To catch an Illuvial, you'll need to contain it in a shard. The more powerful the Illuvial is, the more powerful the shard must be to catch it successfully. If your Illuvial is injured, it will begin to restore its health over time in its shard. However, if you want to quicken the process, you can pay a fee or use items to speed up the health regeneration. Some Illuvials are rarer than others and are displayed as Shiny, Gold, or Holographic.
Illuvium contains five different classes: Fighter, Guardian, Empath, Rogue, and Psion. The exact details of their differences are yet to be released. When creating a team, class and affinity synergies should be taken into account, especially when creating "Ascended" hybrid classes. For example, a Slayer comes from merging a Fighter Illuvial with a Rogue Illuvial. You can also combine two of the same class to make an Illuvial that has particularly strong skills of that class.
Illuvium has five affinities: Air, Nature, Fire, Water, and Earth. Each Illuvial deals and takes damage based on their affinity type. For example, a Water Illuvial will deal extra damage against a Fire Illuvial but will be weak to Earth. You can combine a mix of the five affinities in Ascended Illuvials to create an affinity combination, such as Dust (Air and Earth) or Frost (Air and Water).
Other Illuvium attributes
Apart from class and affinity, each Illuvial has other attributes that determine its strength, health, speed, and damage. The more fights your Illuvials win, the more powerful they become. You can also improve certain Illuvial traits with in-game items that can be found, purchased, or made with crafting components.
What is Illuvium (ILV) token?
1. Players are rewarded with ILV coins for their successes and achievements when playing the game.
As an ERC-20 token, users moving ILV and sILV will have to pay Ethereum gas fees. As these can sometimes be expensive, we've yet to see how they will successfully implement ERC-20 transactions into the game and still make it affordable. You can find Illuvium's latest market price and all-time high on Binance and Coinmarketcap.
How to buy Illuvium (ILV)
1. Mouse over the [Trade] tab and choose the [Classic] or [Advanced] trading view.
2. Hover over the trading pair and search for ILV, then choose a suitable trading pair. We'll use [ILV/BUSD] for this example.
How to stake IIlluvium (LV)
Users who stake ILV can earn rewards in two different ways:
1. Through yield farming ILV or sILV. ILV rewards are locked up for 12 months, but users can choose to earn sILV, which can be used in-game
2. Through revenue sharing. Ethereum spent by players in Illuvium is used for ILV buybacks and then distributed to stakers. This mechanism will go online with the game's launch.
2. Next, we'll head to [CORE POOLS].
4. Choose either [FLEXIBLE] or [LOCKED] pools. A Locked Pool can double your rewards depending on how long you lock your stake (up to a year). Input the amount you want to stake and click [STAKE] to confirm.
5. Alternatively, you can stake in Flash Pools with partner tokens for ILV and sILV rewards.
6. When you claim your rewards, you can choose to take them either in ILV or sILV. As mentioned before, sILV rewards are immediate, but ILV rewards can only be claimed after a year.