Ledger Nano X specifications
7.2 x 1.86 x 1.18
128 x 64 OLED
100 mAh Lithium-ion
Supported coins and tokens
What’s in the box?
- Ledger Nano X
- USB Type-C cable
- Getting started leaflet
- 3 recovery sheets
- Keychain strap
Ledger Nano X overview
The Ledger Nano X is a compact device that easily fits into a pocket, making it convenient for you to manage your crypto holdings on the go. Compared to the Ledger Nano S, it has a slightly larger screen and better-placed buttons that are easier to press.
You can set up the Ledger Nano X using a desktop computer, or an iOS or Android device. Throughout our testing, the initial setup process was quite smooth and intuitive – suitable for even absolute beginners. Pairing the device using both USB-C and Bluetooth worked consistently and without any complications. According to Ledger, the battery life is about 8 hours, and the battery should have about a 5-year lifespan.
Ledger Nano X pros and cons
- It can be set up and used with a smartphone or tablet.
- Very portable and has a built-in battery.
- Supports all major blockchains and a wide range of tokens.
- Easy to use.
- Adding coins is fast and intuitive.
- Supports multiple languages.
- Ledger is a well-established company that has operated since 2014.
- The Bluetooth function might pose a security risk. But, according to the company, no critical data (such as private keys or seed) are transmitted through Bluetooth.
Ledger Nano X pricing
As of January 2020, the Ledger Nano X is sold for $119.
It is advised to always buy hardware wallets directly from the manufacturer. Buying second-hand hardware wallets poses the risk of the private keys being compromised.
The Ledger Nano X is the latest product from one of the most well-known hardware wallet manufacturers in the crypto industry. Its predecessor, the Ledger Nano S has been one of the most popular cryptocurrency hardware wallets due to its ease of use and smooth user experience. The Ledger Nano X comes with an increased capacity for coins and Bluetooth connectivity.
In summary, the Ledger Nano X is an easy-to-use and accessible hardware wallet, suitable for both beginners and advanced users.